Sunday, December 30, 2012

DIY Ninja Turtle Shells

Turtle Time


I remember when I was a kid and cartoons used to be fun to watch. I don't know what has happened to the ones on TV today but don't get me started there. Anyway I remember watching Saturday morning cartoons with my brother. His favorite cartoon for a long time was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Even though I was a girl I found myself watching it right along with him. So to continue our week of Superhero fun..... Do It Yourself Ninja Turtle Shells. These are so easy to make you'll wonder why you never thought of it. They are perfect for a costume or to use for an activity at a children's party. 

You can have the kids dress up or perform Superhero training in them. Or if you want nothing to do with the superhero aspect of this I have also used these for a "Day In the Life of a Turtle" activity where children put them on and have to act like a turtle. 

Each child can wear one on the back to be a turtle or they can wear two. One on back and one on front for a full turtle effect. If going the superhero route you can add any other decor to the shells. These were left these basic green but with two different shades. See below.


Turtle Shell from Turkey Baking Pan


Inside of Turtle Shell


Needed Items:

  • Tin Foil Turkey Pans
  • Paint
  • Brushes and or sponges
  • Twine or sturdy ribbon
  • Hand held Paper Hole Punch



Directions:

  • Paint the outside of the turtle shell green
  • Add any additional details for the shell or for the superhero
  • Use a hand held hole punch to make two small holes near the top
  • String twine or ribbon through the hole. Make sure it is long enough to go around a child's head or neck.

Turtle Shells from Turkey Baking Foil Pans

0 comments:

Post a Comment