You find yourself planning a child's birthday party or other event and wanting some great stand out decor pieces that will set the theme for your party so that you don't have to do so many decorations. You search every party and dollar store in a 50 mile radius of your home. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. All you can find are ridiculously expensive and cheaply made items that you simply cannot force yourself to purchase. If you are doing any type of cowboy/cowgirl or wild west themed party look no farther for simple decor ideas. Over the next week ideas a plenty will be flowing for your next western themes bash. So take notes, try what you like and find some party inspiration your little (or big) ones will love.
First things first- DIY Cardboard Cactus
- Cardboard pieces-Use a cardboard box
- Pink tissue paper
- Scissors or Exacto Knife
- Find a large cardboard box and break it down so that it will lie flat on the ground.
- Using your pencil trace the shape of a cactus on the largest side of the box that does not have flaps
- Cut out the cactus.
- Paint with different colors of green, brown, and tan paint.
- Use Pink tissue paper to make small cactus flowers to glue to the cactus. Just crinkle up the paper and attach.